Smiths Medical expanding
Smiths Medical, a leading global provider of medical products, is expanding its DeSoto County operations by moving to a larger facility in the Crossroads Distribution Center in Olive Branch. The move will consolidate distribution operations formerly located in Southaven and San Diego. Smiths Medical manufactures medical devices, and the 239,863-square-foot Olive Branch facility will distribute products such as drug pumps, tracheotomy tubes and safety needles.
Employees are expected to move into the new facility by mid-September. The company employs 50 at its current DeSoto County facility, but after the expansion, the number could grow to as many as 100.
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group, based in London. Smiths Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and manufactures products used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
For more information, visit www.smiths-medical.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Smiths Medical expanding”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building