Smiths Medical expanding
Smiths Medical, a leading global provider of medical products, is expanding its DeSoto County operations by moving to a larger facility in the Crossroads Distribution Center in Olive Branch. The move will consolidate distribution operations formerly located in Southaven and San Diego. Smiths Medical manufactures medical devices, and the 239,863-square-foot Olive Branch facility will distribute products such as drug pumps, tracheotomy tubes and safety needles.
Employees are expected to move into the new facility by mid-September. The company employs 50 at its current DeSoto County facility, but after the expansion, the number could grow to as many as 100.
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group, based in London. Smiths Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and manufactures products used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
For more information, visit www.smiths-medical.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Smiths Medical expanding”
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign