Harville honored for care
Published: August 24,2009
Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto recently recognized Nicole Harville, a registered nurse, with the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. Harville was nominated by several patients who each said she went the extra mile to anticipate their needs, put them at ease in an overwhelming situation and was dedicated to providing quality, individualized care with a smile.
Each month, Baptist DeSoto’s nursing administrators accept nominations and select a nurse to receive the DAISY Award. At a presentation in front of the nurse’s colleagues, physicians, patients and visitors, the honoree receives a certificate and a sculpture called “A Healer’s Touch,” hand-carved by artists of the Shona Tribe in Africa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey