Harville honored for care
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 24,2009
Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto recently recognized Nicole Harville, a registered nurse, with the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. Harville was nominated by several patients who each said she went the extra mile to anticipate their needs, put them at ease in an overwhelming situation and was dedicated to providing quality, individualized care with a smile.
Each month, Baptist DeSoto’s nursing administrators accept nominations and select a nurse to receive the DAISY Award. At a presentation in front of the nurse’s colleagues, physicians, patients and visitors, the honoree receives a certificate and a sculpture called “A Healer’s Touch,” hand-carved by artists of the Shona Tribe in Africa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- "College Hunks Hauling Junk" franchise opens in Capital City