Harville honored for care
Published: August 24,2009
Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto recently recognized Nicole Harville, a registered nurse, with the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. Harville was nominated by several patients who each said she went the extra mile to anticipate their needs, put them at ease in an overwhelming situation and was dedicated to providing quality, individualized care with a smile.
Each month, Baptist DeSoto’s nursing administrators accept nominations and select a nurse to receive the DAISY Award. At a presentation in front of the nurse’s colleagues, physicians, patients and visitors, the honoree receives a certificate and a sculpture called “A Healer’s Touch,” hand-carved by artists of the Shona Tribe in Africa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics