Harville honored for care
Published: August 24,2009
Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto recently recognized Nicole Harville, a registered nurse, with the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. Harville was nominated by several patients who each said she went the extra mile to anticipate their needs, put them at ease in an overwhelming situation and was dedicated to providing quality, individualized care with a smile.
Each month, Baptist DeSoto’s nursing administrators accept nominations and select a nurse to receive the DAISY Award. At a presentation in front of the nurse’s colleagues, physicians, patients and visitors, the honoree receives a certificate and a sculpture called “A Healer’s Touch,” hand-carved by artists of the Shona Tribe in Africa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force