Rite-Hite relocating plant
HORN LAKE — Rite-Hite Corporation, a developer, manufacturer and seller of loading dock safety systems and industrial door solutions, has announced plans to relocate a manufacturing facility to Horn Lake, bringing more than 50 manufacturing jobs to the state.
Mark Schwechel, controller and materials manager for Rite-Hite, said, “Rite-Hite is excited about this move. The new facility will provide the space needed to improve our manufacturing flow and will allow for future expansion.”
Rite-Hite, a family-owned company headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., plans to begin transferring its Memphis operations to Horn Lake in Sept. 2009. The facility is currently being readied, and Rite-Hite anticipates starting the move of production equipment and inventory into the building in early September, with the goal of being fully operational by late fall, Schwechel said.
Rite-Hite has announced it will locate its Horn Lake operations at a Space Center Inc. facility. The company has entered into a long-term lease with Space Center, demonstrating its commitment to doing business in north Mississippi.
Rite-Hite employs approximately 1,400 people worldwide and maintains more than 30 representative organizations in over 100 locations throughout Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. The company has six manufacturing facilities in the United States, in addition to plants in Germany, Poland, Latvia, Denmark and China.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image