UM welcomes Waggoner
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 24,2009
Joshua Waggoner has joined the University of Mississippi (UM) as director of development for the School of Engineering. In this role, Waggoner is seeking private financial support for the school. He comes to UM with eight years of development experience, having successfully garnered major gifts for Tulane University’s medical school, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Savannah College of Art and Design and a private educational foundation in Indianapolis, Ind. Waggoner has also worked in the corporate world, with Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals and AFLAC.
A native of Salem, Ill., Waggoner earned a bachelor’s degree in advertising and marketing from Murray State University in 1997 and an MBA from the University of New Orleans in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more