UM welcomes Waggoner
Published: August 24,2009
Joshua Waggoner has joined the University of Mississippi (UM) as director of development for the School of Engineering. In this role, Waggoner is seeking private financial support for the school. He comes to UM with eight years of development experience, having successfully garnered major gifts for Tulane University’s medical school, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Savannah College of Art and Design and a private educational foundation in Indianapolis, Ind. Waggoner has also worked in the corporate world, with Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals and AFLAC.
A native of Salem, Ill., Waggoner earned a bachelor’s degree in advertising and marketing from Murray State University in 1997 and an MBA from the University of New Orleans in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House