Demand crashes CARS filings
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the automobile dealers’ deadline to apply for CARS, or “Cash for Clunkers” because of an overloaded web site. The deadline for actually completing sales (7 p.m. yesterday) was unchanged
“Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until (11 a.m. today),” the DOT said in a statement.
“Despite a large increase in the system’s capacity, the website was down temporarily this afternoon. Because of the temporary shutdown, dealers have been given extra time to file the necessary paperwork.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015