Demand crashes CARS filings
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the automobile dealers’ deadline to apply for CARS, or “Cash for Clunkers” because of an overloaded web site. The deadline for actually completing sales (7 p.m. yesterday) was unchanged
“Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until (11 a.m. today),” the DOT said in a statement.
“Despite a large increase in the system’s capacity, the website was down temporarily this afternoon. Because of the temporary shutdown, dealers have been given extra time to file the necessary paperwork.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location