Demand crashes CARS filings
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the automobile dealers’ deadline to apply for CARS, or “Cash for Clunkers” because of an overloaded web site. The deadline for actually completing sales (7 p.m. yesterday) was unchanged
“Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until (11 a.m. today),” the DOT said in a statement.
“Despite a large increase in the system’s capacity, the website was down temporarily this afternoon. Because of the temporary shutdown, dealers have been given extra time to file the necessary paperwork.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast