Demand crashes CARS filings
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the automobile dealers’ deadline to apply for CARS, or “Cash for Clunkers” because of an overloaded web site. The deadline for actually completing sales (7 p.m. yesterday) was unchanged
“Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until (11 a.m. today),” the DOT said in a statement.
“Despite a large increase in the system’s capacity, the website was down temporarily this afternoon. Because of the temporary shutdown, dealers have been given extra time to file the necessary paperwork.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal