Demand crashes CARS filings
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has extended the automobile dealers’ deadline to apply for CARS, or “Cash for Clunkers” because of an overloaded web site. The deadline for actually completing sales (7 p.m. yesterday) was unchanged
“Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until (11 a.m. today),” the DOT said in a statement.
“Despite a large increase in the system’s capacity, the website was down temporarily this afternoon. Because of the temporary shutdown, dealers have been given extra time to file the necessary paperwork.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy