Jones Co. expects $1.4 million extra tax revenue
Published: August 26,2009
An additional $1.36 million is expected to be collected from property taxes, which increase by seven percent for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
County Administrator Charles Miller said that due to the increase in assessed value, this property tax revenue increase is being accomplished while the tax rate is decreasing by 1.18 to 50.97 mills.
The county budget includes a $1.2 million building construction fund for a new justice court building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios