Jones Co. expects $1.4 million extra tax revenue
by Associated Press
Published: August 26,2009
An additional $1.36 million is expected to be collected from property taxes, which increase by seven percent for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
County Administrator Charles Miller said that due to the increase in assessed value, this property tax revenue increase is being accomplished while the tax rate is decreasing by 1.18 to 50.97 mills.
The county budget includes a $1.2 million building construction fund for a new justice court building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village