Jones Co. expects $1.4 million extra tax revenue
Published: August 26,2009
An additional $1.36 million is expected to be collected from property taxes, which increase by seven percent for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
County Administrator Charles Miller said that due to the increase in assessed value, this property tax revenue increase is being accomplished while the tax rate is decreasing by 1.18 to 50.97 mills.
The county budget includes a $1.2 million building construction fund for a new justice court building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history