Jones Co. expects $1.4 million extra tax revenue
by Associated Press
Published: August 26,2009
An additional $1.36 million is expected to be collected from property taxes, which increase by seven percent for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
County Administrator Charles Miller said that due to the increase in assessed value, this property tax revenue increase is being accomplished while the tax rate is decreasing by 1.18 to 50.97 mills.
The county budget includes a $1.2 million building construction fund for a new justice court building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip