Jones Co. expects $1.4 million extra tax revenue
Published: August 26,2009
An additional $1.36 million is expected to be collected from property taxes, which increase by seven percent for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1.
County Administrator Charles Miller said that due to the increase in assessed value, this property tax revenue increase is being accomplished while the tax rate is decreasing by 1.18 to 50.97 mills.
The county budget includes a $1.2 million building construction fund for a new justice court building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds