Local projects get stimulus money
Published: August 26,2009
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
• Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. — $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
• Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
• Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
• Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
• South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials