Local projects get stimulus money
Published: August 26,2009
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
• Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. — $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
• Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
• Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
• Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
• South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million