Local projects get stimulus money
Published: August 26,2009
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
• Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. — $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
• Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
• Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
• Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
• South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet