Local projects get stimulus money
by Wally Northway
Published: August 26,2009
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
• Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. — $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
• Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
• Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
• Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
• South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge