Tropical Storm Danny strengthens in the Atlantic
by Associated Press
Published: August 27,2009
Forecasters say people in the Carolinas and northward to New England should monitor Danny’s progress.
Danny has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph (95 kph) early Thursday with slow strengthening expected over the next few days. Danny is centered about 575 miles (925 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and moving northwest near 10 mph (17 kph).
In the Pacific, Ignacio has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 mph (55 kph). It’s centered about 1,060 miles (1,710 kilometers) west of the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'