Tropical Storm Danny strengthens in the Atlantic
Published: August 27,2009
Forecasters say people in the Carolinas and northward to New England should monitor Danny’s progress.
Danny has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph (95 kph) early Thursday with slow strengthening expected over the next few days. Danny is centered about 575 miles (925 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and moving northwest near 10 mph (17 kph).
In the Pacific, Ignacio has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 mph (55 kph). It’s centered about 1,060 miles (1,710 kilometers) west of the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal