Tropical Storm Danny strengthens in the Atlantic
by Associated Press
Published: August 27,2009
Forecasters say people in the Carolinas and northward to New England should monitor Danny’s progress.
Danny has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph (95 kph) early Thursday with slow strengthening expected over the next few days. Danny is centered about 575 miles (925 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and moving northwest near 10 mph (17 kph).
In the Pacific, Ignacio has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 mph (55 kph). It’s centered about 1,060 miles (1,710 kilometers) west of the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State