Tropical Storm Danny strengthens in the Atlantic
Published: August 27,2009
Forecasters say people in the Carolinas and northward to New England should monitor Danny’s progress.
Danny has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph (95 kph) early Thursday with slow strengthening expected over the next few days. Danny is centered about 575 miles (925 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and moving northwest near 10 mph (17 kph).
In the Pacific, Ignacio has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 mph (55 kph). It’s centered about 1,060 miles (1,710 kilometers) west of the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015