Tropical Storm Danny strengthens in the Atlantic
Published: August 27,2009
Forecasters say people in the Carolinas and northward to New England should monitor Danny’s progress.
Danny has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph (95 kph) early Thursday with slow strengthening expected over the next few days. Danny is centered about 575 miles (925 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and moving northwest near 10 mph (17 kph).
In the Pacific, Ignacio has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds near 35 mph (55 kph). It’s centered about 1,060 miles (1,710 kilometers) west of the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life