Alcorn State completes bond deal
LORMAN — Alcorn State University has completed a $47-million bond transaction for the development of a new student housing complex. According to Alcorn officials, the project is a record-setter.
“This is the largest single housing project in the university’s history,” said president George E. Ross. “Today is a great day for the Alcorn community, and this strategic venture demonstrates our commitment to ensuring a quality living and learning environment for future generations.”
The new student housing complex will be built by the Alcorn State University Educational Building Corporation and include four housing units plus an amenities building featuring a convenience store.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department