Crawford named permanent director
Deena Crawford has been named director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Student Counseling Services (SCS) after serving in the position on an interim basis. As director, Crawford is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SCS. Crawford began working as a counselor for SCS in 2005, and then served in the role of program administrator in 2007 until her recent move to directorship. She is also project director for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) Suicide Prevention grant.
A Jackson native, Crawford earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Southern Miss and taught high school English and creative writing at Oak Grove High School before returning to Southern Miss for her master’s degree in social work. Prior to joining the SCS staff, she was a clinical therapist with Pine Grove Addiction and Behavioral Services in Hattiesburg, working with adolescents, eating disorders, addictions and professionals in crisis. She continues to serve as a training and development speaker for Pine Grove.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects