Crawford named permanent director
Deena Crawford has been named director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Student Counseling Services (SCS) after serving in the position on an interim basis. As director, Crawford is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SCS. Crawford began working as a counselor for SCS in 2005, and then served in the role of program administrator in 2007 until her recent move to directorship. She is also project director for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) Suicide Prevention grant.
A Jackson native, Crawford earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Southern Miss and taught high school English and creative writing at Oak Grove High School before returning to Southern Miss for her master’s degree in social work. Prior to joining the SCS staff, she was a clinical therapist with Pine Grove Addiction and Behavioral Services in Hattiesburg, working with adolescents, eating disorders, addictions and professionals in crisis. She continues to serve as a training and development speaker for Pine Grove.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement