Crawford named permanent director
Deena Crawford has been named director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Student Counseling Services (SCS) after serving in the position on an interim basis. As director, Crawford is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SCS. Crawford began working as a counselor for SCS in 2005, and then served in the role of program administrator in 2007 until her recent move to directorship. She is also project director for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) Suicide Prevention grant.
A Jackson native, Crawford earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Southern Miss and taught high school English and creative writing at Oak Grove High School before returning to Southern Miss for her master’s degree in social work. Prior to joining the SCS staff, she was a clinical therapist with Pine Grove Addiction and Behavioral Services in Hattiesburg, working with adolescents, eating disorders, addictions and professionals in crisis. She continues to serve as a training and development speaker for Pine Grove.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015