Crawford named permanent director
Deena Crawford has been named director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Student Counseling Services (SCS) after serving in the position on an interim basis. As director, Crawford is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SCS. Crawford began working as a counselor for SCS in 2005, and then served in the role of program administrator in 2007 until her recent move to directorship. She is also project director for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) Suicide Prevention grant.
A Jackson native, Crawford earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Southern Miss and taught high school English and creative writing at Oak Grove High School before returning to Southern Miss for her master’s degree in social work. Prior to joining the SCS staff, she was a clinical therapist with Pine Grove Addiction and Behavioral Services in Hattiesburg, working with adolescents, eating disorders, addictions and professionals in crisis. She continues to serve as a training and development speaker for Pine Grove.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money