Murdock now on MVD board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 31,2009
Richard Murdock was recently named director of the new Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Human Resources Office (HRO). In that position, he will provide personnel support for multiple agencies, including the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, by advising managers and employees in recruiting, classifying, training, management-employee relations and labor relations.
Murdock has worked in Vicksburg since 1994. His previous positions include management-employee relations specialist, lead human resources specialist and supervisor for the ERDC HR team. Prior to coming to Vicksburg, he was stationed in Belgium working for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe 80th Area Support Group as chief of three HR organizations. He also spent time at the Army Material Command at Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, Calif., and Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Texas.
Murdock, a Texarkana native, earned a bachelor’s in business administration from East Texas State University. He and his wife, Cynthia, have one child, Clint.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county