Murdock now on MVD board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 31,2009
Richard Murdock was recently named director of the new Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Human Resources Office (HRO). In that position, he will provide personnel support for multiple agencies, including the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, by advising managers and employees in recruiting, classifying, training, management-employee relations and labor relations.
Murdock has worked in Vicksburg since 1994. His previous positions include management-employee relations specialist, lead human resources specialist and supervisor for the ERDC HR team. Prior to coming to Vicksburg, he was stationed in Belgium working for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe 80th Area Support Group as chief of three HR organizations. He also spent time at the Army Material Command at Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, Calif., and Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Texas.
Murdock, a Texarkana native, earned a bachelor’s in business administration from East Texas State University. He and his wife, Cynthia, have one child, Clint.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy