Murdock now on MVD board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 31,2009
Richard Murdock was recently named director of the new Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Human Resources Office (HRO). In that position, he will provide personnel support for multiple agencies, including the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, by advising managers and employees in recruiting, classifying, training, management-employee relations and labor relations.
Murdock has worked in Vicksburg since 1994. His previous positions include management-employee relations specialist, lead human resources specialist and supervisor for the ERDC HR team. Prior to coming to Vicksburg, he was stationed in Belgium working for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe 80th Area Support Group as chief of three HR organizations. He also spent time at the Army Material Command at Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, Calif., and Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Texas.
Murdock, a Texarkana native, earned a bachelor’s in business administration from East Texas State University. He and his wife, Cynthia, have one child, Clint.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn