Murdock now on MVD board
Published: August 31,2009
Richard Murdock was recently named director of the new Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Human Resources Office (HRO). In that position, he will provide personnel support for multiple agencies, including the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, by advising managers and employees in recruiting, classifying, training, management-employee relations and labor relations.
Murdock has worked in Vicksburg since 1994. His previous positions include management-employee relations specialist, lead human resources specialist and supervisor for the ERDC HR team. Prior to coming to Vicksburg, he was stationed in Belgium working for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe 80th Area Support Group as chief of three HR organizations. He also spent time at the Army Material Command at Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, Calif., and Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Texas.
Murdock, a Texarkana native, earned a bachelor’s in business administration from East Texas State University. He and his wife, Cynthia, have one child, Clint.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange