Murdock now on MVD board
Published: August 31,2009
Richard Murdock was recently named director of the new Mississippi Valley Division (MVD) Human Resources Office (HRO). In that position, he will provide personnel support for multiple agencies, including the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, by advising managers and employees in recruiting, classifying, training, management-employee relations and labor relations.
Murdock has worked in Vicksburg since 1994. His previous positions include management-employee relations specialist, lead human resources specialist and supervisor for the ERDC HR team. Prior to coming to Vicksburg, he was stationed in Belgium working for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe 80th Area Support Group as chief of three HR organizations. He also spent time at the Army Material Command at Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, Calif., and Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Texas.
Murdock, a Texarkana native, earned a bachelor’s in business administration from East Texas State University. He and his wife, Cynthia, have one child, Clint.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62