Rankin made VP at Peoples
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 31,2009
Peoples Bank president and CEO Steven Ammann announced that veteran banker John Rankin has joined the bank and will serve as vice president in the Main Office. In his new capacity, Rankin will focus on business loans and will serve as investment officer of the bank.
During his career, Rankin served four years as a bank examiner for the states of Missouri and Mississippi. Most recently, he has served as loan officer of BankPlus’ Fondren office in Jackson.
He is a 2000 graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), where he was an honors student, earning his degree in business administration. He subsequently completed studies for his master’s degree, with emphasis in finance. Currently, he is completing studies at The Graduate School of Banking, conducted at Louisiana State University, where he anticipates graduating in 2010.
In 2009, he was voted Best Banker by the Jackson Free Press and, in 2004 was certified by the Education Foundation of State Bank Examiners. While at USM, Rankin was named the Finance Faculty Award winner and earned the First Bancshares Scholarship. He was a member of both Golden Key International Honor Society and Financial Management Honor Society.
He has been active in civic, charitable and community endeavors during his career. Rankin served on the board of the Fondren Association of Businesses, Broadmeadow Neighborhood Association and is a member of Redeemer Church, P.C.A., where he serves as chairman of the board of deacons, on the finance committee, administration committee and mercy committee. Rankin has also been a volunteer with Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity, Stewpot Community Services and the Tutoring Program at Redeemer Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects