Smiths expanding Desoto operations
Published: August 31,2009
OLIVE BRANCH — Smiths Medical, as reported last week at www.msbusiness.com, a global provider of medical products, is expanding its DeSoto County operations by moving into a larger facility in the Crossroads Distribution Center in Olive Branch.
The move will consolidate distribution operations formerly located in Southaven and San Diego. Smiths Medical manufactures medical devices, and the 239,863-square-foot Olive Branch facility will distribute products such as drug pumps, tracheotomy tubes and safety needles.
Employees are expected to move into the new facility by mid-September. The company employs 50 at its current DeSoto County facility, but after the expansion, the number could grow to as many as 100.
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group, based in London. Smiths Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and manufactures products used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds