Smiths expanding Desoto operations
Published: August 31,2009
OLIVE BRANCH — Smiths Medical, as reported last week at www.msbusiness.com, a global provider of medical products, is expanding its DeSoto County operations by moving into a larger facility in the Crossroads Distribution Center in Olive Branch.
The move will consolidate distribution operations formerly located in Southaven and San Diego. Smiths Medical manufactures medical devices, and the 239,863-square-foot Olive Branch facility will distribute products such as drug pumps, tracheotomy tubes and safety needles.
Employees are expected to move into the new facility by mid-September. The company employs 50 at its current DeSoto County facility, but after the expansion, the number could grow to as many as 100.
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group, based in London. Smiths Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and manufactures products used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs