Smiths expanding Desoto operations
Published: August 31,2009
OLIVE BRANCH — Smiths Medical, as reported last week at www.msbusiness.com, a global provider of medical products, is expanding its DeSoto County operations by moving into a larger facility in the Crossroads Distribution Center in Olive Branch.
The move will consolidate distribution operations formerly located in Southaven and San Diego. Smiths Medical manufactures medical devices, and the 239,863-square-foot Olive Branch facility will distribute products such as drug pumps, tracheotomy tubes and safety needles.
Employees are expected to move into the new facility by mid-September. The company employs 50 at its current DeSoto County facility, but after the expansion, the number could grow to as many as 100.
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group, based in London. Smiths Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., and manufactures products used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow