Starkville’s SemiSouth earns more patents
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth has been awarded its third US patent in 2009, and 18th overall in SiC power electronics technology. The patents cover methods of making normally-off SiC JFETs, self-aligned SiC fabrication methods and integration of SiC JFET, diodes and circuits.
According to Dr. Jeff Casady, chief technology officer and vice president of business development, the recent patents were the result of focused efforts, led by SemiSouth engineers in pushing the technology forward for both near-term and long-term products. “Our normally-off SiC JFET, the most energy efficient and cost effective SiC power transistor switch, is an extremely important product to SemiSouth and its customers. After sampling the product globally for over one year, we are seeing very positive signs of adoption by our customer base in solar inverters, telecom power supplies and other applications,” Casady said.
Dr. David Sheridan, SemiSouth’s director of engineering, added, “These specific patents allow us to further strength the intellectual property we have around the normally-off SiC JFET, including different process designs and methods to integrate for added chip functionality in the future.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option