Trailer dealership reopens after storm
Published: August 31,2009
RICHLAND — Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company and Tautliner announce the reopening of Southern States Utility Trailer in Richland.
In April 2008, tornadoes and thunderstorms swept through Central Mississippi, damaging the entire Southern States facility.
“We have provided the South with trailers, parts and service for more than 26 years. After assessing the structural damages, the contractors and I decided it would be best to demolish the entire facility and rebuild with significant improvements,” said Percy Thornton, Southern States president. “Our new facility includes office space totaling more than 15,000 square feet, a 5,000-square-foot parts showroom and a 12,000-square-foot parts warehouse that contains over 800 pallet positions. As a tremendous benefit to Southern States Utility and our customers, the new parts warehouse is now large enough to hold the dealership’s entire inventory.”
Southern States’ new, 30,000-square-foot shop includes a customer lounge, 10 trailer service bays, a quick-repair bay, a service office, six new refrigeration bays and a concrete parking lot accommodating up to 300 trailers. The entire area is enclosed with a high security fence and automated gate for maximum security.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form