USADA releases stimulus funds for 27 states
Published: August 31,2009
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, ARRA, Beaverdam Water Association. Inc., Kossuth Water Association Inc., Soso Community Water System Inc., South Holmes Water Association Inc., Tom Vilsack, Town of Lake
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
- Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. – $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
- Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
- Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
- Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
- South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000 grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41