USADA releases stimulus funds for 27 states
Published: August 31,2009
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, ARRA, Beaverdam Water Association. Inc., Kossuth Water Association Inc., Soso Community Water System Inc., South Holmes Water Association Inc., Tom Vilsack, Town of Lake
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
- Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. – $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
- Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
- Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
- Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
- South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000 grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three