USADA releases stimulus funds for 27 states
Published: August 31,2009
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, ARRA, Beaverdam Water Association. Inc., Kossuth Water Association Inc., Soso Community Water System Inc., South Holmes Water Association Inc., Tom Vilsack, Town of Lake
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
- Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. – $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
- Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
- Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
- Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
- South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000 grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal