USADA releases stimulus funds for 27 states
Published: August 31,2009
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, ARRA, Beaverdam Water Association. Inc., Kossuth Water Association Inc., Soso Community Water System Inc., South Holmes Water Association Inc., Tom Vilsack, Town of Lake
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $175.8 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment for rural communities in 27 states.
To date, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced $1.47 billion for water and environmental project loans and grants through ARRA, benefiting communities throughout the country.
Mississippi entities included in this round of funding are:
- Beaverdam Water Association. Inc. – $607,000 direct loan and $1,650,900 grant
- Kossuth Water Association Inc. — $2.275-million direct loan and $1.725-million grant
- Town of Lake — $78,000 direct loan and $553,856 grant
- Soso Community Water System Inc. — $260,000 direct loan and $455,000 grant
- South Holmes Water Association Inc. — $41,000 direct loan and $109,000 grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program