Cohen speaks at MUW
COLUMBUS – Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen will speak at Mississippi University for Women’s Welty Gala on Sept. 24.
The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Mary Ellen Weathersby Pope Banquet Room on campus. It benefits the endowment for the Eudora Welty Chair in Humanities at MUW.
Cohen served as the 20th U.S. secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton, from January 1997 to January 2001.
He currently is the chairman and chief executive officer of The Cohen Group, a strategic business consulting firm based in Washington. He is a senior counselor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter