Cohen speaks at MUW
COLUMBUS – Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen will speak at Mississippi University for Women’s Welty Gala on Sept. 24.
The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Mary Ellen Weathersby Pope Banquet Room on campus. It benefits the endowment for the Eudora Welty Chair in Humanities at MUW.
Cohen served as the 20th U.S. secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton, from January 1997 to January 2001.
He currently is the chairman and chief executive officer of The Cohen Group, a strategic business consulting firm based in Washington. He is a senior counselor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form