Cohen speaks at MUW
COLUMBUS – Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen will speak at Mississippi University for Women’s Welty Gala on Sept. 24.
The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Mary Ellen Weathersby Pope Banquet Room on campus. It benefits the endowment for the Eudora Welty Chair in Humanities at MUW.
Cohen served as the 20th U.S. secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton, from January 1997 to January 2001.
He currently is the chairman and chief executive officer of The Cohen Group, a strategic business consulting firm based in Washington. He is a senior counselor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger