Cohen speaks at MUW
COLUMBUS – Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen will speak at Mississippi University for Women’s Welty Gala on Sept. 24.
The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Mary Ellen Weathersby Pope Banquet Room on campus. It benefits the endowment for the Eudora Welty Chair in Humanities at MUW.
Cohen served as the 20th U.S. secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton, from January 1997 to January 2001.
He currently is the chairman and chief executive officer of The Cohen Group, a strategic business consulting firm based in Washington. He is a senior counselor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending