Cohen speaks at MUW
COLUMBUS – Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen will speak at Mississippi University for Women’s Welty Gala on Sept. 24.
The event will be held at 7 p.m. in the Mary Ellen Weathersby Pope Banquet Room on campus. It benefits the endowment for the Eudora Welty Chair in Humanities at MUW.
Cohen served as the 20th U.S. secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton, from January 1997 to January 2001.
He currently is the chairman and chief executive officer of The Cohen Group, a strategic business consulting firm based in Washington. He is a senior counselor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force