Northeast Miss. CC hits record enrollment
BOONEVILLE – Enrollment at Northeast Mississippi Community College has reached a record high this fall.
College officials believe the achievement was fueled by increased recruiting efforts and a difficult economy that has caused many people to reevaluate their need for higher education.
The college had 3,707 students enrolled when registration ended for the current semester. This marks a 275 student increase over the previous record set in the fall of 2007 and a 405 student boost over last year’s figure.
NEMCC President Dr. Johnny Allen said it’s impossible to attribute the rise in enrollment to any single factor, but he believes the college’s efforts to recruit more students have played a major role.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital