WCU’s first biomedical students in class
HATTIESBURG — Nineteen students have begun the new master of biomedical science degree at William Carey University.
The master of biomedical science degree is an intense one-year, non-thesis program consisting of human gross anatomy, human microanatomy, medical embryology, medical biochemistry, medical physiology, epidemiology, biostatistics and issues in clinical medicine.
The degree is designed to afford the student many opportunities, such as possible matriculation into professional schools such as: osteopathic (DO) and allopathic (MD) medical schools; dental school; optometry school; podiatry school; Ph.D. and other doctoral programs. The program can also assist with job enhancement such as in education, public health, and the pharmaceutical industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)