Experience Works names award winners
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 7,2009
Experience Works, the non-profit training and employment organization for older workers, has named the 2009 Experience Works Champions for older workers in Mississippi. Mississippi’s 2009 Experience Works Champions are:
Participant Champion — Dorothy Payne, Columbus: At age 62, Payne is now doing something she loves, helping disabled individuals as a job trainer for the Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation. This opportunity was made possible through a referral to Experience Works when she decided to return to work after four years of retirement.
Host Agency Champion — John Kyle State Park: John Kyle State Park in Sardis and its manager, Kay Nix, has always gone out of their way to show concern and compassion for seniors in the area and for the park’s staff. A partner of Experience Works since 2005, the staff at John Kyle State Park has trained eight participants in several positions and hope to help more older workers find their niche in the job market.
Employer Champion — On Call Staffing: On Call Staffing in Batesville looks for reliable dependable employees to work within their office. With more than 50 percent of its staff over the age of 55, On Call continues to turn to older workers and Experience Works.
The Mississippi Champion Award winners are also eligible to receive national recognition. They, along with nominees from the other 29 states in which Experience Works operates and Puerto Rico, will be considered for the National Champion Awards, which will be presented Sept. 22, 2009, in Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine