Howell named chair of Co-Lin division
Published: September 7,2009
Amye Howell of Brookhaven has been appointed chairperson for Copiah-Lincoln Community College’s newly established Developmental Education Division. Howell has been a member of the Co-Lin faculty since 2000 as a reading instructor. She authored and compiled the textbook used in Co-Lin’s orientation classes. Howell received her bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and her master’s degree from Mississippi College. She is a member of Delta Kappa Gamma, the Mississippi Association of Developmental Education and the National Association of Developmental Education. Howell has been selected to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers and is the recipient of Co-Lin’s High Performance Award and Pitts Scholarship. She represented Co-Lin at the annual Lamplighter’s Conference in 2007 and was selected as Co-Lin’s Humanities Instructor of the Year in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant