Howell named chair of Co-Lin division
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 7,2009
Amye Howell of Brookhaven has been appointed chairperson for Copiah-Lincoln Community College’s newly established Developmental Education Division. Howell has been a member of the Co-Lin faculty since 2000 as a reading instructor. She authored and compiled the textbook used in Co-Lin’s orientation classes. Howell received her bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and her master’s degree from Mississippi College. She is a member of Delta Kappa Gamma, the Mississippi Association of Developmental Education and the National Association of Developmental Education. Howell has been selected to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers and is the recipient of Co-Lin’s High Performance Award and Pitts Scholarship. She represented Co-Lin at the annual Lamplighter’s Conference in 2007 and was selected as Co-Lin’s Humanities Instructor of the Year in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability