Mitchell selected as fellow
Published: September 7,2009
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, attorney Meade W. Mitchell has been selected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation (ABF). Only one-third of one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are honored as members of The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, which was founded in 1952 by the American Bar Association and is now recognized as the premier institute for social science research on law in the country.
Mitchell focuses on toxic torts, transportation law/trucking defense, product liability, insurance coverage, insurance defense and personal injury defense for Butler Snow. In addition, he was named to The Best Lawyers in America 2010 for product liability litigation and Mid-South Super Lawyers for class action/mass torts. He was also recently named as a Fellow for the Mississippi Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, and previously was named as Outstanding Young Lawyer of Mississippi by the Mississippi Bar Association and a Mississippi Top 40 Under 40 by the Mississippi Business Journal. Mitchell won the Distinguished Leadership Award from the Community Leadership Association and is a graduate of the American Bar Association’s Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section Leadership Academy and Leadership Jackson.
Mitchell received his B. Accy., cum laude, and J.D., cum laude, from the University of Mississippi, and previously served as associate editor of comments for the Mississippi Law Journal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money