Mitchell selected as fellow
Published: September 7,2009
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, attorney Meade W. Mitchell has been selected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation (ABF). Only one-third of one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are honored as members of The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, which was founded in 1952 by the American Bar Association and is now recognized as the premier institute for social science research on law in the country.
Mitchell focuses on toxic torts, transportation law/trucking defense, product liability, insurance coverage, insurance defense and personal injury defense for Butler Snow. In addition, he was named to The Best Lawyers in America 2010 for product liability litigation and Mid-South Super Lawyers for class action/mass torts. He was also recently named as a Fellow for the Mississippi Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, and previously was named as Outstanding Young Lawyer of Mississippi by the Mississippi Bar Association and a Mississippi Top 40 Under 40 by the Mississippi Business Journal. Mitchell won the Distinguished Leadership Award from the Community Leadership Association and is a graduate of the American Bar Association’s Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section Leadership Academy and Leadership Jackson.
Mitchell received his B. Accy., cum laude, and J.D., cum laude, from the University of Mississippi, and previously served as associate editor of comments for the Mississippi Law Journal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015