Mitchell selected as fellow
Published: September 7,2009
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC, attorney Meade W. Mitchell has been selected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation (ABF). Only one-third of one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are honored as members of The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, which was founded in 1952 by the American Bar Association and is now recognized as the premier institute for social science research on law in the country.
Mitchell focuses on toxic torts, transportation law/trucking defense, product liability, insurance coverage, insurance defense and personal injury defense for Butler Snow. In addition, he was named to The Best Lawyers in America 2010 for product liability litigation and Mid-South Super Lawyers for class action/mass torts. He was also recently named as a Fellow for the Mississippi Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, and previously was named as Outstanding Young Lawyer of Mississippi by the Mississippi Bar Association and a Mississippi Top 40 Under 40 by the Mississippi Business Journal. Mitchell won the Distinguished Leadership Award from the Community Leadership Association and is a graduate of the American Bar Association’s Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section Leadership Academy and Leadership Jackson.
Mitchell received his B. Accy., cum laude, and J.D., cum laude, from the University of Mississippi, and previously served as associate editor of comments for the Mississippi Law Journal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years