Walker receives Stratton Award
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 7,2009
Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) executive director Bill Walker has received the Julius A. Stratton Award for leadership in coastal management. The national award was presented by NOAA at the Coastal Zone Conference to acknowledge great leadership in the spirit of Dr. Stratton, the first leader of the U.S. Ocean Commission.
Walker has distinguished himself as a leader in addressing the many issues facing coastal and marine resources. He has served as DMR executive director since 2002 where he is responsible for the management of the state’s marine resources, including fishing, boating, coastal management and the Coastal Impact Assistance Program. He represents Mississippi interests on the EPA Gulf of Mexico Program Management Committee.
Walker, along with Trudy Fisher, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, also represents Gov. Haley Barbour in the Gulf of Mexico Governors’ Alliance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster