Wolfe, Gannon added at JA
Published: September 7,2009
Junior Achievement of Mississippi Inc. president and CEO Scherry Gilliland announced that Susan Wolfe has been named director of development and Sarah Joy Gannon, director of programs.
Wolfe brings 25 years of marketing communication experience to Junior Achievement. She is responsible for public relations, communications, marketing and fundraising. A Rankin County native, she was graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in public relations/communication. A former advertising manager at Miskelly Furniture, Wolfe has ad agency experience at GodwinGroup in Jackson and Freebairn & Company in Atlanta. She was public relations manager for Simmons Mattress Company in Atlanta and also served as public relations instructor at Georgia College and State University.
Gannon is responsible for program operations throughout the state. Her experience as an educator in the Rankin County school district prepared and qualified her to serve Mississippi’s children and youth through Junior Achievement. A former missions ministry assistant at Pinelake Church, Gannon has taught English as a second language. Through the Mississippi Baptist Literacy Task Force, she has also provided literacy training for mission volunteers. Gannon was graduated from Mississippi College with a B.S. in English and history.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson