OfficeMax recalls defective chairs
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with OfficeMax Inc., has announced a voluntary recall of approximately 216,000 OfficeMax task chairs.
According to the CPSC, the back and the base post of the Chinese-made chairs can break while in use, posing a fall hazard to consumers. OfficeMax has received about 35 reports of the chair backs or posts breaking, including 15 reports of injuries involving lacerations, muscle strains, contusions and concussions.
The recall involves OfficeMax task chairs with model numbers OM182 and OM96614. The model number is located under the chair’s seat on a white UPC label. The chairs are charcoal or dark charcoal in color and have black plastic arms and a rolling plastic and metal base.
OfficeMax sold the chairs through stores nationwide, on the firm’s web site, in OfficeMax catalogs and through direct commercial sales to businesses from Sept. 2003 through July 2008.
The CPSC said consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and return them to any OfficeMax store for a full refund or a $55 gift card if the consumer does not have a receipt. For additional information, contact OfficeMax toll-free at 1-800-283-7674 anytime, or visit www.officemax.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments