OfficeMax recalls defective chairs
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with OfficeMax Inc., has announced a voluntary recall of approximately 216,000 OfficeMax task chairs.
According to the CPSC, the back and the base post of the Chinese-made chairs can break while in use, posing a fall hazard to consumers. OfficeMax has received about 35 reports of the chair backs or posts breaking, including 15 reports of injuries involving lacerations, muscle strains, contusions and concussions.
The recall involves OfficeMax task chairs with model numbers OM182 and OM96614. The model number is located under the chair’s seat on a white UPC label. The chairs are charcoal or dark charcoal in color and have black plastic arms and a rolling plastic and metal base.
OfficeMax sold the chairs through stores nationwide, on the firm’s web site, in OfficeMax catalogs and through direct commercial sales to businesses from Sept. 2003 through July 2008.
The CPSC said consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and return them to any OfficeMax store for a full refund or a $55 gift card if the consumer does not have a receipt. For additional information, contact OfficeMax toll-free at 1-800-283-7674 anytime, or visit www.officemax.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues