Verizon tops ranking for call quality
TUPELO — Verizon Wireless has been recognized for the “Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users in the Southeast,” which includes Mississippi, in the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2009 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study(SM), Volume 2.
The J.D. Power and Associates study measures call quality among the major U.S. wireless service providers based on seven problem areas that impact overall carrier performance. More than 24,000 wireless phone subscribers were surveyed in the first half of the year about their experience with dropped calls, static/interference, failed connection on the first try, voice distortion, echoes, no immediate voice mail notification and no immediate text message notification. Based on the results, Verizon Wireless ranked highest in the Southeast.
“Our customers in North Mississippi expect the best from Verizon Wireless,” said Steven R. Smith, South Central Region president for Verizon Wireless. “We consistently invest in our network throughout the state and work hard to turn this investment into service improvements for our customers, so they can not only make calls, but can stay connected and experience a quality call from start to finish.”
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion, on average $5.5 billion annually, in its network since 2000 when the company was formed. This year alone, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $9.5 million to expand and advance its network in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody