Verizon tops ranking for call quality
TUPELO — Verizon Wireless has been recognized for the “Highest Call Quality Performance Among Wireless Cell Phone Users in the Southeast,” which includes Mississippi, in the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2009 Wireless Call Quality Performance Study(SM), Volume 2.
The J.D. Power and Associates study measures call quality among the major U.S. wireless service providers based on seven problem areas that impact overall carrier performance. More than 24,000 wireless phone subscribers were surveyed in the first half of the year about their experience with dropped calls, static/interference, failed connection on the first try, voice distortion, echoes, no immediate voice mail notification and no immediate text message notification. Based on the results, Verizon Wireless ranked highest in the Southeast.
“Our customers in North Mississippi expect the best from Verizon Wireless,” said Steven R. Smith, South Central Region president for Verizon Wireless. “We consistently invest in our network throughout the state and work hard to turn this investment into service improvements for our customers, so they can not only make calls, but can stay connected and experience a quality call from start to finish.”
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $50 billion, on average $5.5 billion annually, in its network since 2000 when the company was formed. This year alone, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $9.5 million to expand and advance its network in North Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years