Oyster season opening delayed
Published: September 9,2009
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has postponed the opening of the 2009-2010 Mississippi oyster season due to excessive rainfall.
The season originally was set to open today.
The DMR said it would continue to sample the water daily and will open areas for harvest after sampling meets the management plan reopening criteria for the respective area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators