Oyster season opening delayed
Published: September 9,2009
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has postponed the opening of the 2009-2010 Mississippi oyster season due to excessive rainfall.
The season originally was set to open today.
The DMR said it would continue to sample the water daily and will open areas for harvest after sampling meets the management plan reopening criteria for the respective area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate