Oyster season opening delayed
Published: September 9,2009
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has postponed the opening of the 2009-2010 Mississippi oyster season due to excessive rainfall.
The season originally was set to open today.
The DMR said it would continue to sample the water daily and will open areas for harvest after sampling meets the management plan reopening criteria for the respective area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement