Oyster season opening delayed
Published: September 9,2009
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has postponed the opening of the 2009-2010 Mississippi oyster season due to excessive rainfall.
The season originally was set to open today.
The DMR said it would continue to sample the water daily and will open areas for harvest after sampling meets the management plan reopening criteria for the respective area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager