Oyster season opening delayed
Published: September 9,2009
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has postponed the opening of the 2009-2010 Mississippi oyster season due to excessive rainfall.
The season originally was set to open today.
The DMR said it would continue to sample the water daily and will open areas for harvest after sampling meets the management plan reopening criteria for the respective area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement