Forest project gets ARRA funds
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) for forest health protection projects. These 78 projects will receive almost $89 million and are located on forested lands in 30 states.
Mississippi is to receive $897,000 for one unspecified project.
This funding will be used to restore forest health conditions on federal, state and private forest and rangelands recovering from fires, forest insects and disease outbreaks, complete high priority projects to restore forest health and resiliency by reducing insect and disease problems and help provide technical and financial assistance for care of lands owned by states, local governments, private organizations and private individuals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics