CMMC welcomes Proctor, Adams
Published: September 14,2009
Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) is pleased to welcome Bobby E. Proctor, M.D., to its medical staff and the practice of Steven Coachys, M.D., Brent Meadors, M.D., and Kelly Sosa, C.F.N.P., at Byram Family Doctors. Proctor received a medical degree from the University of Saint Eustatius School of Medicine, Netherlands Antilles, where he received an academic scholarship. He completed a residency at the University of Tennessee Family Practice at Saint Francis Hospital in Memphis where he was elected chief resident from 2006 to 2007 and received the Second Year Teaching Award presented by first-year residents. He completed a residency at LSUSHSC at E. A. Conway Hospital in Monroe, La. Proctor was most recently in practice at First Care Clinic in Jonesboro, Ark. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians and the Ouachita Medical Society.
CMMC has also added Craig V. Adams, M.D., a cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon, to Cardiovascular Services of Central Mississippi. Adams is experienced in the latest minimally invasive thorascopic and endovascular techniques. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. He received a medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. Adams completed an internship and residency at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. He completed internships in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at the University of Illinois in Chicago. He conducted a Research Fellowship in cardiac surgery at Ochsner Medical Foundation, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions