Cognevich to serve as SEDC chair
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
The Southern Economic Development Council (SEDC), the oldest and largest regional economic development association in North America, has announced that Angie Cognevich will serve as the incoming chairman on the board of directors. Cognevich is the regional manager of the Mississippi Development Authority’s Southeast Regional Office located in Hattiesburg. She will take office in Jan. 2010.
SEDC is a non-profit organization with more than 900 members. Its membership includes industrial and economic developers from business and industry, utility providers, transportation, financial and education institutions, chambers of commerce and local, regional and state development agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State