Cognevich to serve as SEDC chair
Published: September 14,2009
The Southern Economic Development Council (SEDC), the oldest and largest regional economic development association in North America, has announced that Angie Cognevich will serve as the incoming chairman on the board of directors. Cognevich is the regional manager of the Mississippi Development Authority’s Southeast Regional Office located in Hattiesburg. She will take office in Jan. 2010.
SEDC is a non-profit organization with more than 900 members. Its membership includes industrial and economic developers from business and industry, utility providers, transportation, financial and education institutions, chambers of commerce and local, regional and state development agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities