Cognevich to serve as SEDC chair
Published: September 14,2009
The Southern Economic Development Council (SEDC), the oldest and largest regional economic development association in North America, has announced that Angie Cognevich will serve as the incoming chairman on the board of directors. Cognevich is the regional manager of the Mississippi Development Authority’s Southeast Regional Office located in Hattiesburg. She will take office in Jan. 2010.
SEDC is a non-profit organization with more than 900 members. Its membership includes industrial and economic developers from business and industry, utility providers, transportation, financial and education institutions, chambers of commerce and local, regional and state development agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs