Cognevich to serve as SEDC chair
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
The Southern Economic Development Council (SEDC), the oldest and largest regional economic development association in North America, has announced that Angie Cognevich will serve as the incoming chairman on the board of directors. Cognevich is the regional manager of the Mississippi Development Authority’s Southeast Regional Office located in Hattiesburg. She will take office in Jan. 2010.
SEDC is a non-profit organization with more than 900 members. Its membership includes industrial and economic developers from business and industry, utility providers, transportation, financial and education institutions, chambers of commerce and local, regional and state development agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data