Digital Quest book finding readers
Published: September 14,2009
RIDGELAND — Ohio State Agricultural Technical Institute (ATI) has adopted Digital Quest’s book, “AGIS in Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources.” The book is providing a useful guide for practical application for ATI’s recently launched course that introduces students to geographic information systems (GIS).
Developed by Digital Quest in collaboration with Terry Brase and his colleagues at AgroKnowledge, the book focuses on the uses of geospatial technology in the agriculture, food and natural resources career cluster as defined by the states’ Career Clusters Initiative (SCCI).
Dr. Nels Hansen of the Ohio State ATI, said, “The AGIS Agriculture Book is one of the first texts written specifically for agriculture. The importance of helping students understand GIS using agricultural examples cannot be overstated. Students simply showed little interest when we were using [other] examples.”
“We feel this title will be a valuable resource for instructors in geospatial technology and agriculture industries,” said Eddie Hanebuth, Digital Quest president. “The agriculture industry is actively using geospatial analysis, and we wanted to create a tool to bring this technology straight to the classroom. The guidance Terry Brase has provided has been instrumental to this book’s success and our team has greatly appreciated his input.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House