Employer cost survey released
Published: September 14,2009
Employers spent an average of $1.29 for employee retirement and savings plans for every hour worked in June 2009, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. This accounted for 4.4 percent of total compensation.
Total compensation (wages and salaries and benefits) for civilian workers averaged $29.31 per hour worked in June 2009. Wages and salaries, which averaged $20.42, accounted for 69.7 percent of these costs, while benefits, which averaged $8.89, accounted for the remaining 30.3 percent.
In addition to retirement and savings, the other benefit categories were: life, health, and disability insurance benefits, which averaged $2.50 (8.5 percent of total compensation); legally required benefits, including Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation, which averaged $2.28 per hour (7.8 percent); paid leave benefits (vacations, holidays, sick leave and personal leave), which averaged $2.07 (7.1 percent); and, supplemental pay which averaged $0.76 (2.6 percent).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years