Entergy makes large donation
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
Jackson – Entergy Mississippi Inc. has awarded a $300,000 grant to Mississippi Building Blocks. The early childhood education program aims to improve the quality of pre-kindergarten and build a stronger future work force. A $100,000 gift, given Sept. 3, is the first of three installments to be invested in the program over three years.
Mississippi Building Blocks is a three-year pilot program that will serve some 50 child care centers and 150 early education classrooms throughout the state. Over the life of the pilot, $10.5 million of funding is required, all to be contributed by the private sector.
“Mississippi Building Blocks is committed to improving school readiness and work force development,” said Dr. Laurie Smith, executive director of Mississippi Building Blocks. “Entergy Mississippi’s generous donation will help us meet this commitment by enabling us to purchase needed classroom materials and promote teacher training within participating child care centers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge