Hunter honored for military service
Published: September 14,2009
Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis table games dealer and Vietnam war veteran Allen Hunter has received a medal of appreciation from the Louisiana Department of Veteran Affairs. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal presented him with the award for serving two tours of duty as a Seabee in the United States Navy.
Hunter served his first tour with Mobile Construction Battalion No. 5 (MCB-5) from 1967 through 1968. When he returned he married Loretta, who also works at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis as a casino cashier. Shortly after the honeymoon, he went back to his former squadron in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium