Hunter honored for military service
Published: September 14,2009
Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis table games dealer and Vietnam war veteran Allen Hunter has received a medal of appreciation from the Louisiana Department of Veteran Affairs. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal presented him with the award for serving two tours of duty as a Seabee in the United States Navy.
Hunter served his first tour with Mobile Construction Battalion No. 5 (MCB-5) from 1967 through 1968. When he returned he married Loretta, who also works at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis as a casino cashier. Shortly after the honeymoon, he went back to his former squadron in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well