Hunter honored for military service
Published: September 14,2009
Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis table games dealer and Vietnam war veteran Allen Hunter has received a medal of appreciation from the Louisiana Department of Veteran Affairs. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal presented him with the award for serving two tours of duty as a Seabee in the United States Navy.
Hunter served his first tour with Mobile Construction Battalion No. 5 (MCB-5) from 1967 through 1968. When he returned he married Loretta, who also works at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis as a casino cashier. Shortly after the honeymoon, he went back to his former squadron in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey