Hunter honored for military service
Published: September 14,2009
Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis table games dealer and Vietnam war veteran Allen Hunter has received a medal of appreciation from the Louisiana Department of Veteran Affairs. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal presented him with the award for serving two tours of duty as a Seabee in the United States Navy.
Hunter served his first tour with Mobile Construction Battalion No. 5 (MCB-5) from 1967 through 1968. When he returned he married Loretta, who also works at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis as a casino cashier. Shortly after the honeymoon, he went back to his former squadron in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur