Hunter honored for military service
Published: September 14,2009
Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis table games dealer and Vietnam war veteran Allen Hunter has received a medal of appreciation from the Louisiana Department of Veteran Affairs. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal presented him with the award for serving two tours of duty as a Seabee in the United States Navy.
Hunter served his first tour with Mobile Construction Battalion No. 5 (MCB-5) from 1967 through 1968. When he returned he married Loretta, who also works at Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis as a casino cashier. Shortly after the honeymoon, he went back to his former squadron in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House