Keeping Our Eye On: Grant Callen
by Stephen McDill
Published: September 14,2009
Education: B.S. in political science from Belhaven (working on a masters in government from Regent University)
Current Position: Director of development for Mississippi Center for Public Policy
Grant Callen joined Mississippi Center for Public Policy in 2006 as its director of development. He previously served as campaign manager for the Honorable Virginia Carlton’s successful bid for the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
Prior to the campaign, Callen served as executive director for the Mississippi Leadership Forum. He is an alumnus of The Witherspoon Fellowship at the Family Research Council in Washington D.C. “America is a great country with an extraordinary system of government,” he says, “I believe we have an obligation to pass on to our children the legacy of freedom that we inherited from our parents.” Callen says he is involved in government to ensure that his children inherit a state and nation that is at least as free as the one he inherited from his parents.
Callen graduated cum laude in political science from Belhaven College. He is currently working on a M.A. in government at Regent University. A native of Laurel, Callen is married to the former Page Chestnut of Jackson and they have a six-month-old son, Freeman. They live in Madison and he is a deacon at Redeemer Church (PCA) of Jackson. He was recently selected as Belhaven College’s 2009 “Young Alumnus of the Year.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month