Keeping Our Eye On: Grant Callen
Published: September 14,2009
Education: B.S. in political science from Belhaven (working on a masters in government from Regent University)
Current Position: Director of development for Mississippi Center for Public Policy
Grant Callen joined Mississippi Center for Public Policy in 2006 as its director of development. He previously served as campaign manager for the Honorable Virginia Carlton’s successful bid for the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
Prior to the campaign, Callen served as executive director for the Mississippi Leadership Forum. He is an alumnus of The Witherspoon Fellowship at the Family Research Council in Washington D.C. “America is a great country with an extraordinary system of government,” he says, “I believe we have an obligation to pass on to our children the legacy of freedom that we inherited from our parents.” Callen says he is involved in government to ensure that his children inherit a state and nation that is at least as free as the one he inherited from his parents.
Callen graduated cum laude in political science from Belhaven College. He is currently working on a M.A. in government at Regent University. A native of Laurel, Callen is married to the former Page Chestnut of Jackson and they have a six-month-old son, Freeman. They live in Madison and he is a deacon at Redeemer Church (PCA) of Jackson. He was recently selected as Belhaven College’s 2009 “Young Alumnus of the Year.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics