Keeton replaces Jones on board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
Dr. James E. Keeton, recently appointed interim vice chancellor for health affairs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), is the newest member of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Keeton replaces Dr. Daniel Jones, who was appointed to chancellor of the University of Mississippi.
In addition to serving as interim vice chancellor, Keeton is also professor of surgery and pediatrics at UMMC. He previously served as chief of staff to Jones. Keeton is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is certified by the American Board of Urology.
The native Mississippian graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1961 and earned his M.D. four years later at UMMC. He completed five years of residency in urology at UMMC, followed by one year of pediatric urology residency in London, England. He then served as lieutenant commander for two years in the Medical Corp U.S. Navy. Keeton returned to Mississippi in 1970, and has been in academic medicine and private practice ever since.
He and his wife, Jona, live in Jackson. They have two children and four grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability