Keeton replaces Jones on board
Published: September 14,2009
Dr. James E. Keeton, recently appointed interim vice chancellor for health affairs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), is the newest member of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Keeton replaces Dr. Daniel Jones, who was appointed to chancellor of the University of Mississippi.
In addition to serving as interim vice chancellor, Keeton is also professor of surgery and pediatrics at UMMC. He previously served as chief of staff to Jones. Keeton is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is certified by the American Board of Urology.
The native Mississippian graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1961 and earned his M.D. four years later at UMMC. He completed five years of residency in urology at UMMC, followed by one year of pediatric urology residency in London, England. He then served as lieutenant commander for two years in the Medical Corp U.S. Navy. Keeton returned to Mississippi in 1970, and has been in academic medicine and private practice ever since.
He and his wife, Jona, live in Jackson. They have two children and four grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center