Keeton replaces Jones on board
Published: September 14,2009
Dr. James E. Keeton, recently appointed interim vice chancellor for health affairs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), is the newest member of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Keeton replaces Dr. Daniel Jones, who was appointed to chancellor of the University of Mississippi.
In addition to serving as interim vice chancellor, Keeton is also professor of surgery and pediatrics at UMMC. He previously served as chief of staff to Jones. Keeton is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is certified by the American Board of Urology.
The native Mississippian graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1961 and earned his M.D. four years later at UMMC. He completed five years of residency in urology at UMMC, followed by one year of pediatric urology residency in London, England. He then served as lieutenant commander for two years in the Medical Corp U.S. Navy. Keeton returned to Mississippi in 1970, and has been in academic medicine and private practice ever since.
He and his wife, Jona, live in Jackson. They have two children and four grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility