Keeton replaces Jones on board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
Dr. James E. Keeton, recently appointed interim vice chancellor for health affairs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), is the newest member of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Keeton replaces Dr. Daniel Jones, who was appointed to chancellor of the University of Mississippi.
In addition to serving as interim vice chancellor, Keeton is also professor of surgery and pediatrics at UMMC. He previously served as chief of staff to Jones. Keeton is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is certified by the American Board of Urology.
The native Mississippian graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1961 and earned his M.D. four years later at UMMC. He completed five years of residency in urology at UMMC, followed by one year of pediatric urology residency in London, England. He then served as lieutenant commander for two years in the Medical Corp U.S. Navy. Keeton returned to Mississippi in 1970, and has been in academic medicine and private practice ever since.
He and his wife, Jona, live in Jackson. They have two children and four grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities