Keeton replaces Jones on board
Published: September 14,2009
Dr. James E. Keeton, recently appointed interim vice chancellor for health affairs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), is the newest member of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Keeton replaces Dr. Daniel Jones, who was appointed to chancellor of the University of Mississippi.
In addition to serving as interim vice chancellor, Keeton is also professor of surgery and pediatrics at UMMC. He previously served as chief of staff to Jones. Keeton is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is certified by the American Board of Urology.
The native Mississippian graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1961 and earned his M.D. four years later at UMMC. He completed five years of residency in urology at UMMC, followed by one year of pediatric urology residency in London, England. He then served as lieutenant commander for two years in the Medical Corp U.S. Navy. Keeton returned to Mississippi in 1970, and has been in academic medicine and private practice ever since.
He and his wife, Jona, live in Jackson. They have two children and four grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win