Perrett honored for lifetime achievement
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
Recently retired Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) deputy director William “Corky” Perret has been awarded the America’s WETLAND Foundation (AWF) Lifetime Achievement Award. Lake Charles, La., Mayor Randy Roach presented Perret with the award at the third-annual America’s Energy Coast Leadership Forum in Biloxi.
After receiving both a bachelor of science and master’s degrees from the University of Louisiana-Lafayette, Perret began working with Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries at its marine laboratory on Grand Terre. He progressively held more and more responsible positions under several Louisiana governors, culminating his time there in 1995 as the assistant secretary in charge of all fisheries, both freshwater and marine.
After 30 years of service in Louisiana, he went to work for DMR as director of marine fisheries. He held that position until about two years ago, when he advanced to deputy director of DMR. Perret retired from that position in June 2009. He is a longtime member of the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Perrett honored for lifetime achievement”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge