PSC revokes telecoms’ certificates
Published: September 14,2009
Jackson – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) announced that the Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has unanimously revoked the certificates of 53 telecommunications companies to do business in Mississippi due to their failure to provide the PSC with an annual report detailing their business activities in the state.
Presley said not only the PSC, but also the State Tax Commission, needed the information to keep track of each companies’ business activities in Mississippi to protect consumers and determine what taxes each company owes the state.
Presley added that consumers who are receiving telecommunications services from any of the fifty-six companies should immediately notify his office toll-free at 1-800-356-6428 or 1-800-637-7722.
The following telecommunications companies have had their certificate to sell services in Mississippi revoked by the PSC: ADS Telecom Inc., Allsouth Phone Connect Inc., Alticomm Inc., Amtel Communications Inc., Awesome Communications Inc., Bak Communications Inc., Bealls Communication Group Inc., Blackstone Communications Company, CI2 Inc., Com One Interactive, Competitive Communications Inc., EZ Phone Inc., Cyperss Telecommunications Corporation, Dancriss Telecom Inc., Dial-Around Telecom Inc., Dialtone and More Inc., ECI Communications Inc., Familytel of Mississippi, Esodus Communications Inc., Exergy Group, Freedomstarr Communications Inc., Gobal Communications Consulting Corporation, Greenville Telephone Services Inc., Group Long Distance Inc., Lecstar Telecom Inc., Metro Teleconnect Companies Inc., Ntera Inc., National Telecom & Broadband Services, New Horizons Communications Corporation, Norstan Network Services Inc., North American Telephone Network, Nustar Communications Corporation, OLS Inc., Onestar Long Distance Inc., P & S Quick Connect Inc., Phone-Link Inc. TO, Preferred Carrier Services Inc., Premier Telecom Inc. TO, Promisevision Technology Inc., R2C Communications Inc., Servisense.Com Inc., Seven Bridges Communications, Telecents Communications Inc., Teleconex Inc., Telliss, Telson Communications Inc., Telstar Communications Inc., The Free Network, Victory Communications Inc., Vox Populi Telecommunications Inc., W2Com International and Winstar Communications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal