Robinson named Magnolia president/CEO
BAY SPRINGS — After 30 years of serving as Magnolia State Bank president, CEO and chairman Thomas Brown has named a new president and CEO, Marcus Robinson, formerly with Regions Bank in Hattiesburg.
Brown will continue to serve the bank as a full-time chairman of the board and will continue to maintain an office in Bay Springs.
“With Marcus on board, we expect to continue our commitment to quality growth through investing in the lives of our employees and the communities we serve,” Brown said. “His expertise will enable us to prepare for the future.”
In addition to serving as president and CEO, Robinson has been named to the bank’s board of directors.
Robinson, 46, started with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in 1984 as a credit analyst and later became a loan officer and senior lender in the Jackson, Hattiesburg and Meridian locations. He joined Regions Bank in 2003, where he focused on commercial and industrial lending. He was involved in syndications, asset-based loans and real estate credits for corporate accounts throughout South Mississippi.
Robinson attended Jones County Junior College and graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in banking and finance and received his MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. Robinson also graduated from the Stonier School of Banking at the University of Delaware.
Robinson is a native of Bay Springs and resides in Hattiesburg. Robinson is married to the former Jan Jenkins of Laurel and has four daughters — Emily (21), Betsy (17), Julie (15) and Lucy (13).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager