Singing River promotes Walker, honors staff
Published: September 14,2009
Singing River Health System (SRHS) has appointed Matt Walker, RN, MSN/MBA, as vice president of neurosciences. After earning his bachelor of nursing degree from Auburn University and being awarded a master of sciences in nursing and a master of business administration from Samford University in Birmingham, Ala, Walker began his healthcare career with SRHS as the director of perioperative services at Ocean Springs Hospital.
Walker, his wife, April, and their two children, reside in Pascagoula.
SRHS recently honored Linda Nelson, Ocean Springs Hospital (OSH), and Jennifer Obiol, Singing River Hospital, as the Employees of the Month for August. Nelson, a client service coordinator in the OSH Laboratory, is a Pascagoula native, and worked at H.P. Davis Grocery in Vancleave for 13 years before joining SRHS in 1995. Nelson began working at OSH as a phlebotomist in the outpatient laboratory, becoming phlebotomy supervisor and then client service coordinator. Nelson has a phlebotomy certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology. Nelson lives in Vancleave with her husband; they have three sons and three grandchildren.
Obiol, RN, BSN, is the nurse manager for the nursing unit Two South Center at Singing River Hospital, where she has worked since 1997. Obiol became a registered nurse after attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. She then earned her bachelor of science in nursing degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. Obiol lives in Hurley with her husband and three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran