Singing River promotes Walker, honors staff
Published: September 14,2009
Singing River Health System (SRHS) has appointed Matt Walker, RN, MSN/MBA, as vice president of neurosciences. After earning his bachelor of nursing degree from Auburn University and being awarded a master of sciences in nursing and a master of business administration from Samford University in Birmingham, Ala, Walker began his healthcare career with SRHS as the director of perioperative services at Ocean Springs Hospital.
Walker, his wife, April, and their two children, reside in Pascagoula.
SRHS recently honored Linda Nelson, Ocean Springs Hospital (OSH), and Jennifer Obiol, Singing River Hospital, as the Employees of the Month for August. Nelson, a client service coordinator in the OSH Laboratory, is a Pascagoula native, and worked at H.P. Davis Grocery in Vancleave for 13 years before joining SRHS in 1995. Nelson began working at OSH as a phlebotomist in the outpatient laboratory, becoming phlebotomy supervisor and then client service coordinator. Nelson has a phlebotomy certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology. Nelson lives in Vancleave with her husband; they have three sons and three grandchildren.
Obiol, RN, BSN, is the nurse manager for the nursing unit Two South Center at Singing River Hospital, where she has worked since 1997. Obiol became a registered nurse after attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. She then earned her bachelor of science in nursing degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. Obiol lives in Hurley with her husband and three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015