Treasury gives stimulus update
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 14,2009
Washington – As part of an effort to highlight the success of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Recovery Act) in revitalizing communities across the country, the U.S. Department of the Treasury has released a report providing data on Treasury program funding.
The report, issued around the 200-day anniversary of the Recovery Act, details funds provided to states, local communities, and families through a variety of programs, including the Making Work Pay Tax Credit, payments for renewable energy production, funds for affordable housing development, and Build America Bonds.
Highlights of the impact from Treasury’s Recovery Act programs during the first 200 days include:
- $66.1 billion in estimated tax benefits provided to individuals, families and businesses through the implementation of various tax provisions. The Making Work Pay credit has been a significant element of these provisions
- $502 million in payments made to promote renewable energy production throughout the country
- $2.3 billion provided to 37 states to spur the development of affordable housing
- $28.2 billion in Build America Bonds issuances to help 37 states finance a variety of public improvement projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody