TVA forms opinion group
North Mississippi – The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has established a group of opinion leaders from across the Tennessee Valley region to provide additional input as TVA charts its options for meeting the region’s electricity needs for the next 20 years.
TVA is developing a new Integrated Resource Plan called TVA’s Environmental and Energy Future. The plan will outline various sources for producing electricity, their costs and reliability and their potential impacts on the environment.
TVA conducted public meetings in July and August to encourage members of the public to provide input on the various options for generating power. TVA will use that input as it develops a draft IRP for further public comment in early 2010.
In addition, TVA has asked a cross-section of opinion leaders from industry, government, education, environmental groups and distributors of TVA power to share their views and priorities about TVA’s power generation plans. The 14-member Stakeholder Review Group will serve as an information source, coordination mechanism and professional review group.
Members of the public can submit written comments to the Stakeholder Review Group at www.tva.gov/environment/reports/irp/stakeholder.htm. TVA will forward copies of all comments directed to the external stakeholder group to all members of that group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate