TVA forms opinion group
North Mississippi – The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has established a group of opinion leaders from across the Tennessee Valley region to provide additional input as TVA charts its options for meeting the region’s electricity needs for the next 20 years.
TVA is developing a new Integrated Resource Plan called TVA’s Environmental and Energy Future. The plan will outline various sources for producing electricity, their costs and reliability and their potential impacts on the environment.
TVA conducted public meetings in July and August to encourage members of the public to provide input on the various options for generating power. TVA will use that input as it develops a draft IRP for further public comment in early 2010.
In addition, TVA has asked a cross-section of opinion leaders from industry, government, education, environmental groups and distributors of TVA power to share their views and priorities about TVA’s power generation plans. The 14-member Stakeholder Review Group will serve as an information source, coordination mechanism and professional review group.
Members of the public can submit written comments to the Stakeholder Review Group at www.tva.gov/environment/reports/irp/stakeholder.htm. TVA will forward copies of all comments directed to the external stakeholder group to all members of that group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award