TVA forms opinion group
North Mississippi – The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has established a group of opinion leaders from across the Tennessee Valley region to provide additional input as TVA charts its options for meeting the region’s electricity needs for the next 20 years.
TVA is developing a new Integrated Resource Plan called TVA’s Environmental and Energy Future. The plan will outline various sources for producing electricity, their costs and reliability and their potential impacts on the environment.
TVA conducted public meetings in July and August to encourage members of the public to provide input on the various options for generating power. TVA will use that input as it develops a draft IRP for further public comment in early 2010.
In addition, TVA has asked a cross-section of opinion leaders from industry, government, education, environmental groups and distributors of TVA power to share their views and priorities about TVA’s power generation plans. The 14-member Stakeholder Review Group will serve as an information source, coordination mechanism and professional review group.
Members of the public can submit written comments to the Stakeholder Review Group at www.tva.gov/environment/reports/irp/stakeholder.htm. TVA will forward copies of all comments directed to the external stakeholder group to all members of that group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'