TVA forms opinion group
North Mississippi – The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has established a group of opinion leaders from across the Tennessee Valley region to provide additional input as TVA charts its options for meeting the region’s electricity needs for the next 20 years.
TVA is developing a new Integrated Resource Plan called TVA’s Environmental and Energy Future. The plan will outline various sources for producing electricity, their costs and reliability and their potential impacts on the environment.
TVA conducted public meetings in July and August to encourage members of the public to provide input on the various options for generating power. TVA will use that input as it develops a draft IRP for further public comment in early 2010.
In addition, TVA has asked a cross-section of opinion leaders from industry, government, education, environmental groups and distributors of TVA power to share their views and priorities about TVA’s power generation plans. The 14-member Stakeholder Review Group will serve as an information source, coordination mechanism and professional review group.
Members of the public can submit written comments to the Stakeholder Review Group at www.tva.gov/environment/reports/irp/stakeholder.htm. TVA will forward copies of all comments directed to the external stakeholder group to all members of that group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Alabama developer pleads guilty to wetlands violations
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- DMR sends letter to MDA over marine leasing, seismic activity
- Supreme Court refuses to hear drilling moratorium case
- Limited ferry service to island draws complaints