Utilities named tops by Site Selection
Published: September 14,2009
North Mississippi and New Orleans – Site Selection magazine has named the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and Entergy Corporation two of the Top Utilities of 2008. Mississippi Power received an honorable mention.
This was the fourth consecutive year in which TVA has earned the Top Utilities honor. In 2008, TVA and distributors of TVA power, working with state and local partners in the seven-state region, helped attract or retain more than 42,000 jobs and leveraged some $5.5 billion in capital investment, including Volkswagen’s investment in Chattanooga, Tenn.
The magazine cited numerous Energy efforts, including the utility’s “boot camp” and automotive industry supplier conference, both held in Mississippi. Cited projects in Mississippi are Brown Bottling Group in Rankin County and Denbury Resources in Natchez.
Site Selection’s Top Utilities recognition is based on performance excellence in four categories – capital investment, job creation, capital investment per capita and jobs per 10,000 in population. The magazine also considers responses from a select group of site selection consultants as well as utility investments in new generation, transmission and renewable energy projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Utilities named tops by Site Selection”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove