Utilities named tops by Site Selection
Published: September 14,2009
North Mississippi and New Orleans – Site Selection magazine has named the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and Entergy Corporation two of the Top Utilities of 2008. Mississippi Power received an honorable mention.
This was the fourth consecutive year in which TVA has earned the Top Utilities honor. In 2008, TVA and distributors of TVA power, working with state and local partners in the seven-state region, helped attract or retain more than 42,000 jobs and leveraged some $5.5 billion in capital investment, including Volkswagen’s investment in Chattanooga, Tenn.
The magazine cited numerous Energy efforts, including the utility’s “boot camp” and automotive industry supplier conference, both held in Mississippi. Cited projects in Mississippi are Brown Bottling Group in Rankin County and Denbury Resources in Natchez.
Site Selection’s Top Utilities recognition is based on performance excellence in four categories – capital investment, job creation, capital investment per capita and jobs per 10,000 in population. The magazine also considers responses from a select group of site selection consultants as well as utility investments in new generation, transmission and renewable energy projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Utilities named tops by Site Selection”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)