Brunson buys Anderson division
HATTIESBURG — In August 2009 after 27 years in the paint business, Allen Anderson announced the sale of Anderson Retail’s paint division. Paul Brunson has purchased the paint stores, Anderson Paint and Anderson Paint West. Terms were not disclosed.
Anderson Retail remains the parent company of Anderson Design Center, including Anderson Carpet One Floor & Home, Anderson Commercial Flooring & Furniture, Anderson Concrete Prep Specialists, Anderson Lighting One, Anderson Outlet Store and Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery.
“For years, I have had the desire to take the leap of faith and venture out on my own,” said Brunson. “Knowing this, Allen decided one day that the paint stores were a perfect opportunity for us both. That decision helped to make my dream a reality. This first month on my own proved successful and also taught me a great deal.”
Brunson worked at Anderson Paint for more than 17 years, serving as the general manager over both stores. He has a combined total of more than 30 years of experience in the paint industry.
Anderson sees the sale as an opportunity to expand his company in different directions.
“The paint stores have been at the heart of my business from day one,” said Anderson. “My decision to sell, however, has allowed me to help a friend realize his dream and paved the way for me to grow the remainder of my business.”
Currently, the growth of Anderson Design Center includes the expansion of the rug store to include a new line of custom furniture. Now known as Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery, the store represents the complete line of Norwalk Custom Furniture and an expanded selection of custom draperies.
Both Anderson and Brunson foresee the transition as being smooth and seamless. The staff, locations and name will all remain the same.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions