Brunson buys Anderson division
HATTIESBURG — In August 2009 after 27 years in the paint business, Allen Anderson announced the sale of Anderson Retail’s paint division. Paul Brunson has purchased the paint stores, Anderson Paint and Anderson Paint West. Terms were not disclosed.
Anderson Retail remains the parent company of Anderson Design Center, including Anderson Carpet One Floor & Home, Anderson Commercial Flooring & Furniture, Anderson Concrete Prep Specialists, Anderson Lighting One, Anderson Outlet Store and Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery.
“For years, I have had the desire to take the leap of faith and venture out on my own,” said Brunson. “Knowing this, Allen decided one day that the paint stores were a perfect opportunity for us both. That decision helped to make my dream a reality. This first month on my own proved successful and also taught me a great deal.”
Brunson worked at Anderson Paint for more than 17 years, serving as the general manager over both stores. He has a combined total of more than 30 years of experience in the paint industry.
Anderson sees the sale as an opportunity to expand his company in different directions.
“The paint stores have been at the heart of my business from day one,” said Anderson. “My decision to sell, however, has allowed me to help a friend realize his dream and paved the way for me to grow the remainder of my business.”
Currently, the growth of Anderson Design Center includes the expansion of the rug store to include a new line of custom furniture. Now known as Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery, the store represents the complete line of Norwalk Custom Furniture and an expanded selection of custom draperies.
Both Anderson and Brunson foresee the transition as being smooth and seamless. The staff, locations and name will all remain the same.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments