Callon buying Ambrose assets
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has signed a purchase and sale agreement with Ambrose Energy I, Ltd., a subsidiary of ExL Petroleum, LP, to acquire its interests in 22 producing wells located in Crockett, Ector, Midland and Upton Counties, Texas, for $16.25 million.
The company estimates the total proved reserves being acquired to be approximately 1.5 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Subject to examination of title and environmental issues, and termination of preferential purchase rights, Callon expects to close on or before Oct. 31, 2009. Upon closing, Callon will operate substantially all of the production and development.
“This is a first step in rebalancing Callon’s assets between offshore and onshore properties,” said Fred Callon, chairman and CEO. “The Permian Basin Wolfberry play provides our company with repeatable, oil-focused growth opportunities that can be further improved over time and forms a competitive foundation for Callon’s presence in the region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP