Callon buying Ambrose assets
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has signed a purchase and sale agreement with Ambrose Energy I, Ltd., a subsidiary of ExL Petroleum, LP, to acquire its interests in 22 producing wells located in Crockett, Ector, Midland and Upton Counties, Texas, for $16.25 million.
The company estimates the total proved reserves being acquired to be approximately 1.5 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Subject to examination of title and environmental issues, and termination of preferential purchase rights, Callon expects to close on or before Oct. 31, 2009. Upon closing, Callon will operate substantially all of the production and development.
“This is a first step in rebalancing Callon’s assets between offshore and onshore properties,” said Fred Callon, chairman and CEO. “The Permian Basin Wolfberry play provides our company with repeatable, oil-focused growth opportunities that can be further improved over time and forms a competitive foundation for Callon’s presence in the region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast