Callon buying Ambrose assets
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has signed a purchase and sale agreement with Ambrose Energy I, Ltd., a subsidiary of ExL Petroleum, LP, to acquire its interests in 22 producing wells located in Crockett, Ector, Midland and Upton Counties, Texas, for $16.25 million.
The company estimates the total proved reserves being acquired to be approximately 1.5 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Subject to examination of title and environmental issues, and termination of preferential purchase rights, Callon expects to close on or before Oct. 31, 2009. Upon closing, Callon will operate substantially all of the production and development.
“This is a first step in rebalancing Callon’s assets between offshore and onshore properties,” said Fred Callon, chairman and CEO. “The Permian Basin Wolfberry play provides our company with repeatable, oil-focused growth opportunities that can be further improved over time and forms a competitive foundation for Callon’s presence in the region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal