Callon buying Ambrose assets
NATCHEZ — Callon Petroleum Company has signed a purchase and sale agreement with Ambrose Energy I, Ltd., a subsidiary of ExL Petroleum, LP, to acquire its interests in 22 producing wells located in Crockett, Ector, Midland and Upton Counties, Texas, for $16.25 million.
The company estimates the total proved reserves being acquired to be approximately 1.5 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Subject to examination of title and environmental issues, and termination of preferential purchase rights, Callon expects to close on or before Oct. 31, 2009. Upon closing, Callon will operate substantially all of the production and development.
“This is a first step in rebalancing Callon’s assets between offshore and onshore properties,” said Fred Callon, chairman and CEO. “The Permian Basin Wolfberry play provides our company with repeatable, oil-focused growth opportunities that can be further improved over time and forms a competitive foundation for Callon’s presence in the region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option