MTA launches Entrepreneur in Residence program
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 15,2009
Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) President and CEO Dr. Randy Goldsmith today announced the formation of the Entrepreneur in Residence program that matches experienced entrepreneurs and senior managers with early-stage companies for mentoring and business coaching.
MTA’s Entrepreneurs in Residence serve as volunteer mentors to start-up companies who are looking for experienced business professionals to help develop their enterprises. When a particularly good synergy is found between the mentor and the company, the experienced entrepreneurs may be willing to accept a larger role in the organization such as membership on the advisory board or board of directors.
“We are pleased to offer Mississippi entrepreneurs access to these talented and successful business leaders,” said Goldsmith. “Our Entrepreneurs in Residence possess a wealth of knowledge and experience that will be of enormous benefit to early-stage companies.”
Current MTA Entrepreneurs in Residence are: Joel Bomgar, founder and CEO of Bomgar Corporation; Steve Jones, of Morgan Stanley; Tom Kornmeier, managing director of Houlihan Smith & Company; Mark McCreery, founder of Fried Green Capital; Nathan McNeil, co-founder of Bomgar Corporation; Dr. Marquita Qualls, managing partner of Entropia Consulting Group; and veteran entrepreneur Chris Semones. For more information about the Entrepreneurs in Residence, visit http://www.technologyalliance.ms/services/entrepreneurs-in-residence/.
The Mississippi Technology Alliance is a non-profit organization with the mission to drive innovation-based economic development for the State of Mississippi. For more information, visit www.mta.ms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects