Baptist adds to medical staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Three new physicians have joined the medical staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle within the past month: Michael Berry, M.D., a general surgeon; Richard L. Johnston, M.D., a gastroenterologist; and Christina Collins, M.D., specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics.
Originally from Columbus, Berry is a cum laude graduate of Mississippi University for Women with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center earlier this year. His practice is located in the Baptist Outpatient Pavilion in Columbus. Berry and his wife, Harriet, have two children, Blayze and Swayze.
Johnston is a Vicksburg native and received his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was chief resident. He completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center in Miami. Johnston is board certified in internal medicine. He has joined Gastroenterology Associates, located in Columbus.
Collins is a summa cum laude graduate of Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, where she also completed her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics. Collins is married and has two children, Ethyn and Kaitltn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit