Baptist adds to medical staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Three new physicians have joined the medical staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle within the past month: Michael Berry, M.D., a general surgeon; Richard L. Johnston, M.D., a gastroenterologist; and Christina Collins, M.D., specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics.
Originally from Columbus, Berry is a cum laude graduate of Mississippi University for Women with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center earlier this year. His practice is located in the Baptist Outpatient Pavilion in Columbus. Berry and his wife, Harriet, have two children, Blayze and Swayze.
Johnston is a Vicksburg native and received his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was chief resident. He completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center in Miami. Johnston is board certified in internal medicine. He has joined Gastroenterology Associates, located in Columbus.
Collins is a summa cum laude graduate of Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, where she also completed her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics. Collins is married and has two children, Ethyn and Kaitltn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition