Baptist adds to medical staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Three new physicians have joined the medical staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle within the past month: Michael Berry, M.D., a general surgeon; Richard L. Johnston, M.D., a gastroenterologist; and Christina Collins, M.D., specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics.
Originally from Columbus, Berry is a cum laude graduate of Mississippi University for Women with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center earlier this year. His practice is located in the Baptist Outpatient Pavilion in Columbus. Berry and his wife, Harriet, have two children, Blayze and Swayze.
Johnston is a Vicksburg native and received his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he was chief resident. He completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center in Miami. Johnston is board certified in internal medicine. He has joined Gastroenterology Associates, located in Columbus.
Collins is a summa cum laude graduate of Louisiana State University with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, where she also completed her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics. Collins is married and has two children, Ethyn and Kaitltn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil