Barnett takes step toward SMA presidency
Published: September 21,2009
Tim Barnett of Mississippi State University’s College of Business is a newly elected member of the Southern Management Association’s leadership team. A professor in the university’s management and information systems academic department, he is vice president and program chair-elect, a position that begins a multi-year track taking him to the SMA’s presidency in 2013. Representing more than 1,000 members in 43 states, the association is the largest regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. Barnett, the business college’s Richard and Mary Puckett Notable Scholar and a founding member of its Center of Family Enterprise Research, is an MSU doctoral graduate and faculty member since 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win