Barnett takes step toward SMA presidency
Published: September 21,2009
Tim Barnett of Mississippi State University’s College of Business is a newly elected member of the Southern Management Association’s leadership team. A professor in the university’s management and information systems academic department, he is vice president and program chair-elect, a position that begins a multi-year track taking him to the SMA’s presidency in 2013. Representing more than 1,000 members in 43 states, the association is the largest regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. Barnett, the business college’s Richard and Mary Puckett Notable Scholar and a founding member of its Center of Family Enterprise Research, is an MSU doctoral graduate and faculty member since 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing