Barnett takes step toward SMA presidency
Published: September 21,2009
Tim Barnett of Mississippi State University’s College of Business is a newly elected member of the Southern Management Association’s leadership team. A professor in the university’s management and information systems academic department, he is vice president and program chair-elect, a position that begins a multi-year track taking him to the SMA’s presidency in 2013. Representing more than 1,000 members in 43 states, the association is the largest regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. Barnett, the business college’s Richard and Mary Puckett Notable Scholar and a founding member of its Center of Family Enterprise Research, is an MSU doctoral graduate and faculty member since 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals