Barnett takes step toward SMA presidency
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Tim Barnett of Mississippi State University’s College of Business is a newly elected member of the Southern Management Association’s leadership team. A professor in the university’s management and information systems academic department, he is vice president and program chair-elect, a position that begins a multi-year track taking him to the SMA’s presidency in 2013. Representing more than 1,000 members in 43 states, the association is the largest regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. Barnett, the business college’s Richard and Mary Puckett Notable Scholar and a founding member of its Center of Family Enterprise Research, is an MSU doctoral graduate and faculty member since 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability