Barnett takes step toward SMA presidency
Published: September 21,2009
Tim Barnett of Mississippi State University’s College of Business is a newly elected member of the Southern Management Association’s leadership team. A professor in the university’s management and information systems academic department, he is vice president and program chair-elect, a position that begins a multi-year track taking him to the SMA’s presidency in 2013. Representing more than 1,000 members in 43 states, the association is the largest regional affiliate of the Academy of Management. Barnett, the business college’s Richard and Mary Puckett Notable Scholar and a founding member of its Center of Family Enterprise Research, is an MSU doctoral graduate and faculty member since 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal