Brunson buys Anderson Paint; terms not disclosed
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Hattiesburg — In August 2009 after 27 years in the paint business, Allen Anderson announced the sale of Anderson Retail’s paint division. Paul Brunson has purchased the paint stores, Anderson Paint and Anderson Paint West. Terms were not disclosed.
Anderson Retail remains the parent company of Anderson Design Center, including Anderson Carpet One Floor & Home, Anderson Commercial Flooring & Furniture, Anderson Concrete Prep Specialists, Anderson Lighting One, Anderson Outlet Store and Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery.
“For years, I have had the desire to take the leap of faith and venture out on my own,” said Brunson. “Knowing this, Allen decided one day that the paint stores were a perfect opportunity for us both. That decision helped to make my dream a reality. This first month on my own proved successful and also taught me a great deal.”
Brunson worked at Anderson Paint for more than 17 years, serving as the general manager over both stores. He has a combined total of more than 30 years of experience in the paint industry.
Anderson said he sees the sale as an opportunity to expand his company in different directions.
“The paint stores have been at the heart of my business from day one,” said Anderson. “My decision to sell, however, has allowed me to help a friend realize his dream and paved the way for me to grow the remainder of my business.”
Currently, the growth of Anderson Design Center includes the expansion of the rug store to include a new line of custom furniture. Now known as Anderson Rug Market & Furniture Gallery, the store represents the complete line of Norwalk Custom Furniture and an expanded selection of custom draperies.
Both Anderson and Brunson foresee the transition as being smooth and seamless. The staff, locations and name will all remain the same.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy