Canton hosts hospital groundbreaking
CANTON — Madison County Medical Center (MCMC) recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony to share the plans for the region’s newest hospital. The completed facility will house 67 beds and feature over 100,000 square feet; including an emergency department, intensive care unit, women’s service center and nursery, surgery and imaging centers, pharmacy, physical therapy center and much more.
“This groundbreaking is a culmination of our hard work, planning and overall dedication to all of the citizens of Madison County,” said Gary Newsome, president and CEO of Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA). “The economic impact a new hospital will bring to the area is needed now more than ever. New hospitals bring with them a great multiplier effect; including the addition of pharmacies, new physicians and employment opportunities in the community.”
As one of five hospitals in the Jackson metro-area River Oaks Healthcare network, the new hospital will be named Madison River Oaks Hospital. The five hospitals that make up River Oaks Healthcare are part of HMA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal