Canton hosts hospital groundbreaking
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
CANTON — Madison County Medical Center (MCMC) recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony to share the plans for the region’s newest hospital. The completed facility will house 67 beds and feature over 100,000 square feet; including an emergency department, intensive care unit, women’s service center and nursery, surgery and imaging centers, pharmacy, physical therapy center and much more.
“This groundbreaking is a culmination of our hard work, planning and overall dedication to all of the citizens of Madison County,” said Gary Newsome, president and CEO of Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA). “The economic impact a new hospital will bring to the area is needed now more than ever. New hospitals bring with them a great multiplier effect; including the addition of pharmacies, new physicians and employment opportunities in the community.”
As one of five hospitals in the Jackson metro-area River Oaks Healthcare network, the new hospital will be named Madison River Oaks Hospital. The five hospitals that make up River Oaks Healthcare are part of HMA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones