Canton hosts hospital groundbreaking
CANTON — Madison County Medical Center (MCMC) recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony to share the plans for the region’s newest hospital. The completed facility will house 67 beds and feature over 100,000 square feet; including an emergency department, intensive care unit, women’s service center and nursery, surgery and imaging centers, pharmacy, physical therapy center and much more.
“This groundbreaking is a culmination of our hard work, planning and overall dedication to all of the citizens of Madison County,” said Gary Newsome, president and CEO of Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA). “The economic impact a new hospital will bring to the area is needed now more than ever. New hospitals bring with them a great multiplier effect; including the addition of pharmacies, new physicians and employment opportunities in the community.”
As one of five hospitals in the Jackson metro-area River Oaks Healthcare network, the new hospital will be named Madison River Oaks Hospital. The five hospitals that make up River Oaks Healthcare are part of HMA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation