Canton hosts hospital groundbreaking
CANTON — Madison County Medical Center (MCMC) recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony to share the plans for the region’s newest hospital. The completed facility will house 67 beds and feature over 100,000 square feet; including an emergency department, intensive care unit, women’s service center and nursery, surgery and imaging centers, pharmacy, physical therapy center and much more.
“This groundbreaking is a culmination of our hard work, planning and overall dedication to all of the citizens of Madison County,” said Gary Newsome, president and CEO of Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA). “The economic impact a new hospital will bring to the area is needed now more than ever. New hospitals bring with them a great multiplier effect; including the addition of pharmacies, new physicians and employment opportunities in the community.”
As one of five hospitals in the Jackson metro-area River Oaks Healthcare network, the new hospital will be named Madison River Oaks Hospital. The five hospitals that make up River Oaks Healthcare are part of HMA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions